- Heavy rain threat continues mainly for Saturday into Saturday night and a new severe weather threat has been posted for Tuesday.
WHAT: MARGINAL RISK of flooding rainfall and SLIGHT RISK of severe weather
WHEN: Flooding rainfall risk starting around noon Saturday through Saturday night. Severe weather risk Tuesday through Tuesday night.
WHERE: Flooding rain risk is for all areas with the heaviest amounts expected north of I12. Severe risk along and east of a line from McComb to Baton Rouge.
CONFIDENCE: High confidence in area wide rainfall but long duration of moderate with times of heavy rainfall gives low confidence in widespread flooding. Low confidence with Tuesday’s system at the moment.
The main threats associated with heavy rainfall risk Saturday through Saturday night:
- Widespread rainfall totals tonight through noon Sunday are expected to be up to 2 inches with locally higher amounts.
- This rainfall could lead to ponding of water in low lying areas and areas of poor drainage.
The main threats associated with severe weather risk Tuesday:
- Wind gusts greater than 60 mph possible
- Trees and powerlines could be damaged and lead to isolated/scattered power outages
- Large hail up to 1 inch in diameter will be possible
- Tornadoes will be possible