Here is an update concerning the severe weather threat on Thursday.
Changes from the previous update:
- No major updates.
WHAT: SLIGHT RISK of Severe Weather
WHEN: Afternoon into the evening on Thursday
WHERE: Southeast Louisiana and Southern Mississippi generally along and north of I-10/I-12 corridor
- We are confident there will be showers and thunderstorms across the area on Thursday. We have lower confidence that a few could become strong to severe.
- We also have less confidence on the timing and the area of any strong to severe thunderstorms that could occur.
The main threats associated with any severe storms will be:
- Wind gusts greater than 60 mph will be possible.
- Trees and powerlines could be damaged and lead to isolated/scattered power outages
- Isolated tornadoes will be possible.
- In addition to the severe weather threat, heavy rainfall may be possible.
- This rainfall could lead to ponding of water in low-lying areas and areas of poor drainage.
The attached graphic HERE highlights the threats associated with this system.