Click HERE to view the slides from today’s weekly weather briefing.
- The wet pattern will continue with threats of heavy rainfall and flash flooding. Several river flood warnings are also in effect, with prolonged flooding expected along the Pearl River.
- The flash flood watch is currently in effect through 7pm this evening. We don’t currently expect to extend it as the threat does look more localized tomorrow through the weekend, but if that changes we will definitely send an update.
- Rain chances remain high Mon/Tues, but amounts look to be a little lower, hopefully providing a lull in the locally heavy rain threat
- The tropical wave moving through the Caribbean could send more moisture into the area during the second half of next week, once again resulting in a heavy rain threat
- Neither the wave in the eastern Caribbean nor the wave off of Africa poses any immediate threat to the local area.
Today’s weekly weather briefing: