What to do after a HAZMAT incident...
The following are guidelines for dealing with the aftermath of a Hazardous Material release incident.
(1) Seek medical help for unusual symptoms.
(2) If medical help is not immediately available and you suspect contamination-remove all clothing and shower thoroughly.
(3) Place exposed clothing and shoes in tightly sealed containers without allowing them to contact other material: get directions for proper disposal.
(4) Advise others of your possible contamination.
(5) Get direction from local authorities on how to clean up your land and property.
(6) Return home only when directed to do so.
(7) Upon returning home, ventilate the house.
(8) Report lingering vapors or other hazards.