Update: Forecast Calls for Slight Risk of Heavy Rain Thursday thru Early Saturday
Click HERE and HERE for an update concerning the heavy rain threat late Thursday through early Saturday.
Changes from previous update:
- The threat of heavy rainfall/flash flooding has increased and now covers the entire forecast area for tomorrow and Friday.
- A few strong to severe storms are possible, especially near and along the coast.
WHAT: SLIGHT RISK of Heavy Rain
WHEN: Tomorrow and Friday possibly lingering into Saturday morning.
WHERE: All of southeast Louisiana and southern Mississippi.
- We have increasing confidence that there will be several rounds of showers and thunderstorms beginning tomorrow and lingering through early Saturday, with a few showers/storms producing heavy rainfall.
- We have less confidence in the timing and intensity of each round and in any severe weather
- Total rainfall of 2-4 inches is currently forecast Thursday through Saturday. Locally higher amounts will be possible.
- Rainfall rates in excess of 1-3 inches per hour could cause flooding, especially in low lying and areas of poor drainage.