Severe Weather & Heavy Rain Update: January 27, 2023
Click HERE, HERE and HERE for an update concerning the risk for flash flooding and strong to severe storms on Sunday, January 29, 2023:
WHAT: Slight Risk of Heavy Rainfall and Marginal Risk of Severe Weather.
WHEN: Sunday morning through Sunday evening.
WHERE: All of SE LA and southern MS for the Slight Risk of Heavy Rainfall, portions of SE LA for the Marginal Risk of severe weather.
- Widespread heavy rain is expected to build in across central and western areas Sunday morning, spreading east throughout the day.
- Slow movement or training of showers and storms may lead to scattered areas of flash flooding.
- Rises on some area rivers or streams will be likely.
- A few strong to locally severe storms will be possible, with damaging winds, hail and a brief, isolated tornado possible.
- The threat for flash flooding and severe weather will diminish Sunday night as rain departs to the east.
Low confidence in regards to the risk for severe weather. Greater confidence with the risk for flash flooding across portions of the area.