Self-Report Survey Link Live For Heavy Rain/Severe Weather 5/20/21
You can now self report any damages that have occurred to your home during the recent heavy rain and severe weather. Please visit https://damage.la.gov/ or scan the QR code to report damages. It is important to include pictures of damage if possible.
Any of the following factors may constitute a status of destroyed:
- Complete failure of two or more major structural components - e.g. collapse of basement walls, foundation, load-bearing walls, or roof
- Only foundation remains
- A residence that is in imminent threat of collapse because of disaster-related damage or confirmed imminent danger - e.g. impending landslides, mudslides, or sinkholes.
Some examples of major damage include:
- Failure or partial failure to structural elements of the roof to include rafters, ceiling joists, ridge boards, etc.
- Failure or partial failure to structural elements of the walls to include framing, sheathing, etc.
- Failure or partial failure to foundation to include crumbling, bulging, collapsing, horizontal cracks of more than two inches, and shifting of the residence on the foundation of more than six inches
- Residences with a water line 18 inches above the floor in an essential living space, a water line above the electrical outlet.
*Please note that primary residential homes are the only structures that we can verify in the categories as defined by FEMA as destroyed (home is a TOTAL loss) or major damage (home has structural damage or other significant damage that requires extensive repairs).
*Deadline to report is May 25, 2021
View Louisiana Disaster Preliminary Damage Self-Report pdf HERE.