Forecast Calls for Heavy Rain, Flash-Flooding thru Early Saturday
Click HERE for an update concerning the heavy rain threat late Thursday through early Saturday. Changes from previous update:
- The threat of heavy rainfall/flash flooding has slightly increased roughly north and west of a line from McComb to New Roads to Lafayette.
Overview: WHAT: MARGINAL RISK to SLIGHT RISK of Heavy Rain WHEN: Late Thursday through Early Saturday WHERE: All of southeast Louisiana and southern Mississippi, especially north and west of a line from McComb to New Roads to Lafayette for late Thursday. CONFIDENCE:
- We are confident that there will be several rounds of showers and thunderstorms late Thursday through early Saturday, with a few showers/storms producing heavy rainfall.
- We have less confidence in the timing and intensity of each round.
- Total rainfall of 2 to 4 inches is currently forecast Thursday through Saturday. Locally higher amounts will be possible.
- Expect ponding of water in low lying areas and some potential for localized flash flooding.