GNO Inc - COVID-19 Update 04-04-2020
During a crisis, timely, accurate, and actionable information is important. In order to help you get this information, GNO, Inc. is sending out regular updates. Please see below, and feel free to forward.
April 4, 2020 Update
- Paycheck Protection Program – In the first 24 hours, more than 28,000 loans have been processed through the Paycheck Protection Program across the country. At his daily news conference, President Trump said he will ask Congress for more funding for the program in the next aid package if there is still demand. You can find the latest guidance on the U.S. Department of Treasury website here and GNO, Inc.’s overview of the program here. Finally, there is a GNO, Inc, webinar, with questions and answers, here.
- More Ventilators on the Way - Governor John Bel Edwards announced today that Vice President Mike Pence has confirmed Louisiana will receive an additional 200 ventilators from the federal Strategic National Stockpile (SNS). The last shipment from SNS of 150 ventilators was announced Monday and arrived days later.
- Paid Leave FAQs – The IRS has posed updated FAQs on the tax credits provided to employers in the Families First Coronavirus Response Act. The Act provides small businesses with refundable tax credits to reimburse employers for the cost of providing paid sick and family leave related to COVID-19.
- Looking for COVID Supplies/Services? – If you are looking for PPE, sanitizer, food providers, and other related products and services that can help in the fight with coronavirus, please see the GNOpivot Resource Tool for a sortable list of local companies who have “pivoted” to providing these emergency provisions.
- Businesses Seeking to do Business with Louisiana – Vendors and companies seeking to do business with the state during the COVID-19 response should use the LaPAC website. Bids on requirements are released daily to support on-going response and recovery efforts.
- Patient Care Technician (PCT) Training Program – Ochsner Health and the New Orleans Career Center (NOCC) are partnering to develop a 4-week online Patient Care Technician (PCT) training course that is free to candidates. There will be a virtual career discussion about the new program this Sunday at 1:00 pm. You can register here.
- Looking for Customers? – If you have pivoted your business to make a new, coronavirus-related product, register on GNOpivot.
- Looking for Employees? – A database of local talent looking for new job opportunities, including quick employment history and skills summary, is on the WorkNOLA Workforce Directory.
- Looking for Work? – New opportunities are on WorkNOLA.com.