GNO, Inc. Coronavirus Update - 4/1/20
During a crisis, timely, accurate, and actionable information is important. In order to help you get this information, GNO, Inc. is sending out regular updates. Please see below, and feel free to forward.
March 31, 2020 Update
- Paycheck Protection Plan – The U.S. Treasury announced today that the CARES Act’s $349B Paycheck Protection Program will be up and running by this Friday, April 3. The program offers forgivable loans to businesses up to 500 employees in order to allow them to preserve jobs and remain open. These loans are administered through banks, and are 100% guaranteed by the Small Business Administration.
- CARES Act (PPP+) Binder – In order to help you see all relevant information in one place, we have consolidated documents, with a focus on the Paycheck Protection Program, into a CARES Act Binder. This binder contains information from various sources, and includes:
- Small Business Owner’s Guide to the CARE Act
- Paycheck Protection Program (< 500 emp.)
- Paycheck Protection Plan Overview
- Paycheck Protection Plan PowerPoint
- Paycheck Protection Plan Borrower Fact Sheet
- Paycheck Protection Plan Application (v3)
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act FAQs
- Corporate Liquidity Fund Overview (500 – 10K emp.)
Again, you can access the CARES Act Binder here.
- Louisiana Legislature - Louisiana’s legislature briefly reconvened today, to allow for late filed bills to be introduced. The Legislature then adjourned until the presiding officers call them back into session. The regular session must adjourn by June 1. Prior to that date, lawmakers are expected to convene again to address the state budget, and issues related to the coronavirus. The Legislature will also likely call at least one special session later this year to address additional legislation.
- GNO, Inc. Business Resource Guide – Greater New Orleans, Inc. has created a consolidated guide of federal, local, and private financial resources that are available for small businesses. We will continue to update this guide, which will also be permanently located on the GNO, Inc. Coronavirus Resource page.
- Looking for Customers? – If you have pivoted your business to make a new, coronavirus-related product, register onGNOpivot.
- Looking for Employees? – A database of local talent looking for new job opportunities, including quick employment history and skills summary, is on the WorkNOLA Workforce Directory.
- Looking for Work? – New opportunities are on WorkNOLA.com.
As always, general information is on the GNO, Inc. Coronavirus Business Resource Page.
Please feel free to contact email@example.com or VP Policy Ileana Ledet at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or suggestions.
President & CEO
Greater New Orleans, Inc.
1100 Poydras Street, Ste. 3475
New Orleans, LA 70130