GNO, Inc. Coronavirus Update - 3/24
During a crisis, timely, accurate, and actionable information is important. In order to help you get this information, GNO, Inc. is sending out regular updates. Please see below, and feel free to forward.
March 24, 2020 Update
- Major Disaster Declaration Granted – Following a request from Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards, President Donald Trump tonight approved a Major Disaster Declaration for Louisiana. The move unlocks significant federal resources and millions in disaster funding to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Louisiana joins New York, California and Washington in receiving federal funds to prevent further spread of COVID-19.
- Emergency Stimulus Package – Congressional and Trump administration negotiators signaled Tuesday that they are on track to clinch a bipartisan agreement on a nearly $2 trillion emergency stimulus package, but the timeline for final passage has slipped. As of this email, no deal has been announced. As introduced in the Senate last week, the “CARES Act” seeks to provide between $1 and $2 trillion in aid for the US economy. As drafted, the bill provides:
- Direct financial aid through “recovery checks” to most American households;
- Rapid relief for small businesses and their workers in the form of forgivable loans, made via local banks, intended largely for payroll (a provision strongly advocated for by GNO, Inc. and partners); and
- More support for hospitals and front-line health care workers to address supply shortages, speed vaccine development and encourage telehealth.
Please reach out to leadership in Washington, and urge Congress to act in a bipartisan manner to pass this bill immediately.
- REAL ID Deadline Extended – President Donald Trump announced that the deadline to obtain a REAL ID has been postponed indefinitely. The REAL ID establishes minimum security standards for state-issued driver's licenses and identification cards and prohibit federal agencies from accepting licenses and identification cards from states that do not meet these standards.
- GNOpivot – If you are a business that is pivoting to a new product to serve immediate coronavirus needs, register ongnoinc.org/gnopivot, and the GNO, Inc. team will help connect you to customers.
- Childcare Assistance Centers for Critical Personnel – The Louisiana Department of Education opened the Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) to support essential critical infrastructure personnel. Eligible families will have access to subsidized care for children age 12 and under at licensed childcare centers participating in the program, or through registered and certified family childcare and in-home providers.
- New Hotline for Louisiana Businesses -Louisiana Economic Development has launched a new hotline for Louisiana businesses. Companies can call 225-342-4321 between 8:00 a.m.- 8:00 p.m. with their questions related to the impact of the coronavirus.
- Ochsner Health System Update – Ochsner Health System will be hosting a WebEx conference call tomorrow, March 25, at 1:00pm to give the business community an update on the virus and the opportunity to ask questions to their medical professionals and health executives.
- Join from your computer: Click HERE and enter meeting number: 804 148 239
- Join by phone: Event Dial-in: 1-415-655-0001;Meeting Number: 804 148 239
- Looking for Work? - In the wake of economic changes that have taken place as a result of the coronavirus, some companies are in need of workers. GNO, Inc. has compiled a running list on WorkNOLA.com of companies looking to fill immediate labor needs.
- Looking for Employees? If you have surge hiring needs because of the coronavirus, email Human Capital Manager Evie Poitevent email@example.com and we will list your opportunities.
As always, general information is on the GNO, Inc. Coronavirus Business Resource Page.
Please feel free to contact me firstname.lastname@example.org or VP Policy Ileana Ledet at email@example.com with any questions or suggestions.