CARES Act Update - 3/26/2020
On Friday, the CARES Act will come before the House for consideration. This legislation provides desperately needed resources to healthcare providers and patients, relief to American workers, families, small businesses, and industries. The measures contained in the CARES Act will stabilize our economy and protect families during this time of uncertainty. Please find below helpful links to details of CARES Act provisions by relevant House committees. As always, please do not hesitate to contact me if our office may be of assistance to you.
Rustin Legendre | Regional Director
Congressman Steve Scalise (LA-01)
The CARES Act includes major provisions to:
- Provide grants and loans to small businesses to meet payroll and pay rent.
- Send direct checks to individual Americans of up to $1,200.
- Allow regulatory relief so banks can grant loan forbearance for otherwise healthy businesses struggling while business has been shut down.
- Provide Treasury and the Fed the ability to provide several trillion in assistance to distressed industries, including airlines, through guaranteed loans while also including strong accountability protections.
- Rush resources to hospitals, doctors and other front line providers.
- Expand the use of Telehealth medicine to surge capacity to diagnose and treat patients in a safer and faster environment.
- Temporarily expand unemployment insurance to provide a lifeline for those who have lost their jobs.
- Provide tax policy incentives, such as fixing key technical corrections from the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, including QIP and NOL.
- Provide liability protection for providers who volunteer (Good Samaritan).
- Allow HSAs to be used to purchase over-the-counter medicines.
- Extend expiring health extenders to November.
House Committee on Ways and Means
Summary of Health, Tax, Unemployment, Small Business, and Distressed Industries Provisions
Summary of Key Unemployment Insurance (UI) Provisions in the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act)
House Small Business Committee
Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act)
CARES Act Small Business Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Paycheck Protection Program and Loan Forgiveness
House Appropriations Committee
CARES Act - Detailed Funding Summary
CARES Act - Appropriations Highlights
House Committee on Education and Labor
CARES Act Education and Labor Provisions
House Committee on Financial Services
Key Financial Services Provisions in the CARES Act
House Committee on Energy and Commerce
Energy and Commerce Summary of CARES Act Provisions
Committee on House Administration
Summary of Elections and Legislative Branch Provisions
House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
Highlights of CARES Act T&I Committee Related Provisions
CARES Act - Jobs & Economic Importance of U.S. Infrastructure Network
Frequently Asked Questions - T&I Related Provisions