GNO Inc Update - June 26, 2020
- Louisiana Phase 2 Proclamation – Governor John Bel Edwards formally issued a proclamation extending Reopening Phase 2 to July 24. While much or the order is similar to the previous Phase 2 order, the new proclamation includes a crowd size limit of 250 people for indoor gatherings. To read the full proclamation, please click here.
- Louisiana School Reopening Guidelines – The Louisiana Department of Education has released guidelines on reopening schools. Each local district will ultimately decide how schools will reopen, and the guidelines address three possible reopening scenarios: traditional, remote learning, or a hybrid of the two. To read a summary, please click here. To view the guidelines, please click here.
- Coronavirus Hazard Pay – The Louisiana Legislature has passed a bill which authorizes one-time hazard pay for essential critical infrastructure workers. House Bill 70 establishes a rebate of $250 for eligible workers. Eligible workers include first responders, bus drivers and grocery store employees with incomes of $50,000 or less, who worked at least 200 hours between March 22-May 14, 2020. The applicant would apply for the rebate through the Department of Revenue. The $50 million measure will be funded through federal CARES Act dollars. The bill passed the House and Senate unanimously and now goes to the Governor's desk.
- Updated PPP Guidance – The SBA issued new guidance this week on the Paycheck Protection Program. The new rules address when a borrower can apply for forgiveness, and clarify the cap on forgiveness with respect to self-employed individuals. To read an article with FAQs on the latest guidance, please click here.
Information & Resources
- Coronavirus Supplies – If you are looking for PPE, sanitizer, food providers, and other related products and services, search the GNOpivot Marketplace.
- Coronavirus Customers – If you have pivoted your business to make a new, coronavirus-related product, register on GNOpivot.
- Work – If you want a job in a sector that is surging right now, new openings are on WorkNOLA.com.
- Employees –A database of local talent looking for new job opportunities, including quick employment history and skills summary, is on the WorkNOLA Workforce Directory. GNOmatch provides custom connections between companies with lay-offs, and those hiring for transferable skills.
- General Information – A range of guides and materials are catalogued on the GNO, Inc. Coronavirus Business Resource Page.
- Chamber Partners to offer COVID-19 Testing.
- The Greater Hammond Chamber of Commerce, in partnership with Tangipahoa Parish Government, Tangipahoa Economic Development, the Louisiana National Guard, Office of Public Health, and the Louisiana Department of Health will offer free employee testing for local businesses on Monday, June 29.
- Click Here to Learn More.
Please feel free to contact me firstname.lastname@example.org or VP Policy Ileana Ledet at email@example.com with any questions or suggestions.