GNO, INC Update - 4/7/2020
During a crisis, timely, accurate, and actionable information is important. In order to help you get this information, GNO, Inc. is sending out regular updates. Please see below, and feel free to forward.
April 7, 2020 Update
- $250B More for Paycheck Protection Program – President Trump announced today he will request an additional appropriation of $250 billion for the Paycheck Protection (forgivable loan) Program. Frequently asked questions on the program have been posted by the Department of Treasury, including clarification that when borrowers calculate their loan amount, compensation above $100,000 is excluded, but non-cash benefits such as retirement contributions and health premiums may be included.
- Mitigation Efforts Working – At today’s press conference, Governor John Bel Edwards indicated that he does not expect the state to run out of hospital beds or ventilators in the next ten days to two weeks. The Governor emphasized that mitigation efforts are working. Residents are urged to continue abiding by the stay-at-home order to continue the flattening of the curve.
- Car Insurance Refunds – Due to less driving,Allstate announced that they will refund about 15% of premiums paid by its customers in April and May, which comes to a total of approximately $600 million. It is expected that Louisiana policyholders with Allstate will be receiving refunds of a portion of their auto insurance premiums paid for March and April totaling $13 million.
- Drive-Thru Testing – St. John the Baptist Parish announced that drive thru testing is now available at The Ochsner Medical Complex – River Parishes. St. Charles Parish also announced a drive thru testing center has been established at the St. Charles Community Health Center’s West Bank. The St. Charles Parish testing site is by appointment only.
- To learn more about the requirements for St. John the Baptist Parish testing click here.
- To learn more about the requirements for St. Charles Parish testing click here.
- Paycheck Protection Program – The forgivable loan program entered its first full week of applications today.
- GNO, Inc.’s overview of the program is here.
- You can find the latest guidance on the U.S. Department of Treasury website here.
- Finally, there is a GNO, Inc. webinar, with questions and answers, here.
The SBA has also released a tool to help find a nearby lender eligible to issue a loan under the Paycheck Protection Program.
- Ochsner Employer Webinar (Wed, April 8 at 1:00 p.m. CST) – The purpose of this call is for Ochsner Health to be a resource to employers through education and assistance related to the COVID-19 Pandemic. You will hear from Ochsner Health Executives and Physician Leaders. Click here to join the Webinar https://ochsner.zoom.us/j/465994542?pwd=c0VaRHdFcEprUFpkMldWZGd1NmNZQT09
- Other information: Password: meeting; iPhone one-tap: US: +16465588656,,465994542#; Telephone: US: +1 646 558 8656; Webinar ID: 465 994 542; Password: 070080
Are you looking for:
- Online Training? – A catalogue of opportunities for online training from the region’s higher education partners and private training providers can be found here.
- Work? – If you want a job in a sector that is surging right now, new openings are on WorkNOLA.com.
- Employees? – A database of local talent looking for new job opportunities, including quick employment history and skills summary, is on the WorkNOLA Workforce Directory.
- COVID-19 Customers/Purchasers? – If you have pivoted your business to make a new, coronavirus-related product, register onGNOpivot.
- COVID-19 Supplies/Services? – If you are looking for PPE, sanitizer, food providers, and other related products and services, search the GNOpivot Resource Tool.
As always, general information is on the GNO, Inc. Coronavirus Business Resource Page.
Please feel free to contact me email@example.com or VP Policy Ileana Ledet at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or suggestions.